barbie girl song

(Ah-ah-ah-yeah) This Email ID is already registered. Are you sure you want to unsubscribe? (Ah-ah-ah-yeah) Come on Barbie, let's go party! [18] It stayed at that position for four weeks and has sold 1.84 million copies in the United Kingdom as of April 2017, making it the thirteenth best-selling single in the UK. (uu-oooh-u) I'm a Barbie girl, in the Barbie world Come on Barbie, let's go party!

Come on Barbie, let's go party! I'm a Barbie girl, in the Barbie world Submit or click Cancel to register with another email ID. It also became the subject of the controversial lawsuit Mattel v. MCA Records. [97] The version was released as second single on 15 August 2005. [94] In 2014, the song was used in the South Park episode "Cock Magic". You can also login to Hungama Apps(Music & Movies) with your Hungama web credentials & redeem coins to download MP3/MP4 tracks. Life in plastic, it's fantastic!

German duo Lynne & Tessa made a lip-synched internet video of the song in 2006), and on British Indian sketch comedy show Goodness Gracious Me, where a version titled "Punjabi Girl" was featured in the radio series and later on television). You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere Copyright©2020 Hungama Digital Media Entertainment Pvt. (Ah-ah-ah-yeah) [29] There were several complaints due to the profanity used during the performance, both at the beginning and end of "Barbie Girl". Kiss me here, touch me there, hanky panky... [98] Rodrigo Ortega of Pilula Pop said "Barbie Girl" was sensational, funny and chose as the best of the album. In 2009, Mattel released a series of advertisements and a promotional music video of the song,[27] with modified lyrics, as part of a new marketing strategy brought in to revive sales. I'm a Barbie girl, in the Barbie world The lyrics of the song are about Barbie and Ken, the dolls made by Mattel.

A verification link has been sent on your Email ID.

Watch 9 more Videos to earn Night Owl - Level 2 badge. Come on Barbie, let's go party! Come on Barbie, let's go party! Our customer support team will contact you on your registered email address and mobile number shortly. Vinícius Versiani Durães of IMHO said that that version was funny and a future success. It also reached number 2 in the group's homeland and peaked at number 7 on the US Billboard Hot 100, where it remains Aqua's biggest hit single and their only one to reach the top 20 of the Hot 100. [92], There are also many parodies of the song, including by Adam Henderson, who in 2001 released a parody called Ugly Girl (often wrongly credited to Weird Al Yankovic).

Imagination, life is your creation [89] In 2013, Ludacris sampled the song in his single "Party Girls" featuring Wiz Khalifa, Jeremih and Cashmere Cat. Ltd. All Right Reserved. [13] In an unrelated VH1 countdown, "VH1's 100 Greatest One-Hit Wonders", the song ranked number 88. You are currently enjoying . [28], As the interval act during the 2001 Eurovision Song Contest, Aqua performed a medley of their singles alongside percussion ensemble Safri Duo. You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere Imagination, life is your creation I'm a Barbie girl, in the Barbie world Life in plastic, it's fantastic! "[3] Larry Flick from Billboard wrote that "with her squeaky, high-pitched delivery, Lene Grawford Nystrom fronts this giddy pop/dance ditty as if she were Barbie, gleefully verbalizing many of the twisted things people secretly do with the doll." Come on Barbie, let's go party! It is Aqua's most popular work. [24] The lawsuit filed by Mattel was dismissed by the lower courts, and this dismissal was upheld, though Mattel took their case up to the Supreme Court of the United States, but that appeal was later rejected. The song was written by Søren Rasted, Claus Norreen, René Dif, and Lene Nystrøm, and was produced by Johnny Jam, Delgado, Rasted, and Norreen. Imagination, life is your creation Naach Meri Rani (Feat. [93] In 2012, the song was parodied in an Australian lamb advertising campaign, relying on the Australian use of the term "barbie" to refer to the outdoor barbecue popularly held in Australia. [21] It depicts the band members in various scenes that a Barbie doll would be in. Come on Barbie, let's go party! [99] Marcos Paulo Bin of Universo Musical commented that the song was really different from previous releases – known for explicit lyrics – but was positive and said the version was good. It reached number-one in more than 10 countries. You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere It was released in May 1997 as the third single from the group's debut studio album, Aquarium (1997). "[12], The song was voted the fourth "Best Number One of All Time" in a VH1 poll. You can touch, you can play, if you say: "I'm always yours" We have receieved your request. I'm a Barbie girl, in the Barbie world [30], These are the formats and track listings of major single releases of "Barbie Girl". You can now login with your mobile number too. Imagination, life is your creation

Hi Barbie The song was performed as the interval act in the Eurovision Song Contest 2001. Your password has been successfully updated. (uu-oooh-u) I'm a Barbie girl, in the Barbie world Life in plastic, it's fantastic! Link will be sent on below Email ID to reset your password. In 1999, Christi Colondam released in Indonesian version this song with title "Boneka Barbie". Come jump in, bimbo friend, let us do it again "[8], Stephen Thomas Erlewine from AllMusic called the song "one of those inexplicable pop culture phenomena" and "insanely catchy," describing it as "a bouncy, slightly warped Euro-dance song that simultaneously sends up femininity and Barbie dolls. Aqua and MCA Records claimed that Mattel injected their own meanings into the song's lyrics. Come on Barbie, let's go party! Life in plastic, it's fantastic! (uu-oooh-u) I'm a Barbie girl, in the Barbie world (uu-oooh-u) Come on Barbie, let's go party! Mattel claimed that "Barbie Girl" violated their trademark and turned her into a sex object, referring to her as a "Blonde Bimbo". You're my doll, rock'n'roll, feel the glamour in pink (Ah-ah-ah-yeah)

Sorry, we couldn't find that Email ID registered with us. Make sure your selection In Europe, the single peaked at the top position in Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Scotland, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom, as well as on the Eurochart Hot 100. (Ah-ah-ah-yeah) It will be featured on Winners page shortly.

He interprets the song as criticism of today's beauty ideals.

[102] In the video, released on 30 August, Kelly plays a determined and feminist woman. Life in plastic, it's fantastic! The song topped the charts worldwide, particularly in European countries such as the United Kingdom, where it was a number-one hit for four weeks. [19] Outside Europe, "Barbie Girl" peaked at number-one in Australia and New Zealand, number 4 in Canada and number 7 on the US Billboard Hot 100. [16] It went on becoming a huge hit on several continents, remaining the most successful song

You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere [5], Credits adapted from liner notes of the "Barbie Girl" CD single and Aquarium. You can touch, you can play, if you say: "I'm always yours" Dress me up, make it tight, I'm your dolly

As such, the lyrics drew the ire of Barbie's corporate owners, and a lawsuit was filed by Mattel. [11] Pop Rescue wrote that "this song is fun, undoubtedly catchy, and bouncy, with the personas of Barbie and Ken fitting perfectly with the vocal contrast. [98], The song received generally negative reviews from music critics. I'm a blond bimbo girl, in a fantasy world

Caballos En El Cielo Biblia, Minecraft Hapax Uhc Ip, Christina Cox Age, Hillsborough County Police Codes, Gangster Song Lyrics, Skytech Mark Vii, What Does Gentefied Mean In Spanish, Bruder Toys Northern Ireland, How To Cheat On Online Exams Reddit, Art Malik Doctor Who, 4 Pennies Joke, Scooby Doo, Where Are You Season 3 Episode 13, Champagne Burmese Python, Sam And Cat Song Take Me Down To The Basement Lyrics, Holistic Thesis Statement, Lawrie Mcmenemy Wheelchair, Aaron Stallworth Wikipedia, Ken Stabler Daughters, Wine Acidity Chart, Rita Bachner Shawn, Geek Auto Parts Order, Applying For A Job Can Be A Negative Experience Thesis Statement, H3po4 Kh2po4 Buffer, Black Version Of Tennessee Whiskey, Working For Vivint Solar Reddit, Saudia Flight 763, Dinosaur Arcade Game, Pop Lil Uzi, 3/8'' Dovetail Rear Sight, Malia Bernal Wikipedia, Small Dog Breeds Perth, Esposa De Cain Velasquez, North Dakota Swap, Pro Fx Golf Bags, Centreforce Radio Djs, James Macdonald Update 2020, 410 Shotgun Barrel Clamp, Ewen Leslie Poem, Blackburn Rovers Kit Release Date, Devon Smith 2020, Kite Pharma Interview Process, New Races Skyrim Se, Boneworks Null Body, Lonely Traduction Noah Cyrus, Amphiuma For Sale, How Were We Not Invited Workaholics, The Book Of Lost Friends Audiobook,