fender stratocaster 62 reissue serial numbers

“Z”-prefix serial numbers denoting the new millennium appeared on U.S.-made instruments in 2000. The vendor also says that it comes with a original fender case. Pubblica gratis i tuoi annunci per vendere, comprare e scambiare strumenti nuovi e usati. A vintage tremolo/vibrato bridge held to the body with six crosshead, dome-top screws, and featuring Fender-branded saddles. These two basses and the other instruments listed below that were supplied by this factory continued to use “Made in Japan T + 6 digits” designation through 2011: Pawn Shop Fender ‘51 Pawn Shop Fender ‘72 Pawn Shop Mustang Special ‘70s Precision Bass Jaguar Bass. A honey-coloured finish on the maple areas of the neck (as opposed to pale, unstained wood). All Vintage Stratocasters had, at least initially, a nitro finish with a polyester undercoat,  The basic color of the ’57 was, obviously, the two-tone sunburst, while that of the ’62 was three-tone, but it was also possible, for the Fullerton reissues, to request the Lake Placid Blue, Fiesta Red, Vintage White, Candy Apple Red and Black custom colors. The 'maverick' finish Fiesta Red is depicted in, retrospective on the USA '62 Strat reissue, Fender Japan's Aged Parts '62 Strat reissue. A single nickel plated string guide on the headstock. Jul 27, 5. The authentic-looking 1992 ‘aged parts’ version – a true stunner in candy apple red metallic. Between 1982 and 1988 the date on the neck was always written in pencil and was only numerical (MM-DD-YY). Many pawnshops use this book and others like it to establish instrument values. Check for stratocaster like that. The new Fender did not acquire any physical assets of the old company, just the name "Fender". How can I find out when my old Fender® banjo was manufactured? Reissues pickguards were white plastic until 1998, when, with the American Vintage Series, they were replaced by a green mint one. Fender was sold to CBS in January 1965. SN0(XXXXX)-'90, SN1(XXXXX)-'90, SN2(XXXXX)-'92, etc. If you have what you consider an odd serial number, it might appear here. Try searching for what you're looking for: Roll over all or a portion of your IRA or 401(k) into a Precious Metals IRA. Naviga tra le offerte di fender stratocaster vintage 62 pubblicate dai negozi di strumenti musicali ai prezzi migliori. How can I find out when my Mexican-made instrument was manufactured? These markets operate completely independent of the new-instrument market. You might also consider consulting one or more of the many instrument dealers who offer appraisals of vintage instruments, such as Elderly Instruments (www.elderly.com), Gruhn Guitars (www.gruhn.com), Mandolin Bros. (www.mandoweb.com), Norman’s Rare Guitars (www.normansrareguitars.com) or Tundra Music (www.tundramusic.com). Fender JV models had the serial numbers engraved into either the neck plate or bridge. As a manufacturer and distributor of new instruments, Fender has no direct involvement in the used, collector or vintage instruments markets, and is therefore unable to comment or speculate on the current value of such instruments. The numbers and decals were produced far in advance, and some N9 decals (denoting 1999) were inadvertently affixed to some instruments in 1990. The only way to try to narrow the date range of your specific instrument is to remove the neck and check the butt end of the neck heel for a production date, which may be stamped or written there (if you’re uncomfortable doing this yourself, please refer to an experienced professional guitar tech in your area). How can I find out when my Japanese-made instrument was manufactured? The Vintage Stratocasters bodies were made of alder, both for the ’57 and ’62. Could not reach Fender support here in Brazil, unfortunately. Please check the fields highlighted in red. To reflect our commitment, we updated our terms and conditions. This is really cool. For most of Fender’s U.S. instrument production history, production dates have been applied to various components. How can I find out when my Korean-made instrument was manufactured? While there have been periods of dramatic change—such as the transition periods between the Leo Fender years and the CBS years or the transition between the CBS years and the current ownership—most models are generally feature-specific and do not change from year to year. This is a really nice one with eminently smooth body contouring, but some dodgy examples had highly defined ‘edges’ where the curves met the flatwork. Click on the above stream to hear my 1992 candy apple red 'aged parts' '62 reissue in action. Standard finishes on the UK market were: 3-Tone Sunburst, Black, Olympic White (officially. Most specifications for a given Fender instrument model change little (if at all) throughout the lifetime of the model. Also used on many FSRs starting in the 2000s. American Deluxe Series instruments use the same dating convention, but with the addition of a “D” in front of the “Z”; i.e., DZ1, DZ2, etc. From 1988, and until the end of the '90s, Fender began to stamp the necks (often with black ink) indicating the month with three letters, so that they had a date in the format MON-DD-YYYY. And just to complete the full set of standard finishes... Sonic blue. Sorry, the page you're looking for could not be found. gold coins and bars for physical possession.Note: Calls to or from Birch Gold Group may be This is a 1962 Stratocaster Reissue. For years, serial numbers have been used in various locations on Fender instruments, such as the top of the neck plate, the front or back of the headstock and the back of the neck near the junction with the body. Mr. Crow: Kmaz has a great post, but I would like to elaborate on the American Vintage (or "AV") '62 a bit for you: 1. In some reissue models it can be found on the headstock or the neck plate. How can I find out when my American-made instrument was manufactured? Within a couple of years of the ‘aged parts’ model going on sale, the MIJ ’62 reissue’s RRP had shot up by 44%! The “10” prefix was designed to identify the first year of the second decade of the new millennium, and while it appears on the instrument decals, it was not captured in Fender’s operating system. Neck-dating can be useful in determining the approximate age of a guitar, but it is certainly not definitive because the neck date simply refers to the date that the individual component was produced, rather than the complete instrument. Jul 27, 3. This is the "JV" serial number guitars that were produced from 1982 to 1984 at the Fuji-Gen plant in Japan. Currency: Notice that there is quite a bit of overlap in numbers and years. The words Fender®, Telecaster®, Stratocaster® and the associated headstock designs are registered trademarks of the Fender Musical Instruments Corporation. In 1998, with the introduction of the American Vintage Series, Fender began to make American reissues with the wide dot spacing in order to better imitate the originals. The chart below details Fender serial number schemes used from 1950 to 1964. Quality in the ‘80s was consistently high in my experience. Fender was sold to CBS in January 1965. Kluson-style vintage machine heads with nickel plating, oval pegs, and no branding. Serial numbering didn’t change immediately because instruments continued to be made using existing, tooling, parts and serial number schemes. How can I find out when my Mexican-made instrument was manufactured? And I've found a "MIM 62 Reissue", as the vendor calls it, in shell pink color. My MIJ Tele has a serial stratocaster on the squier, right up near the body. The new Fender did not acquire any physical assets of the old company, just the name "Fender". In light hard to read for me numbers. However, between the end of 1987 and 1989, it was possible to buy the "Mary Kaye" version of these Stratocasters, with ash body, blonde finish and gold hardware. ), Some Mexico made Artist model instruments, American Deluxe series instruments, '98 and '99, U.S. made guitars and basses destined for the export market. If your serial number starts with “JD” followed by an eight-digit number, the first two digits designates the year of manufacture. The serial numbers do not reflect this change - Fender continued to make instruments using existing serial number schemes. Reissues necks were “slim” and covered with a thin layer of nitro. These were the original Made in Japan Strats and labeled these guitars as "JV" for Japanese Vintage. In 2012, Fender has transitioned the numbering scheme again with the new serial number starting with “JD” followed by an eight-digit number with “Made in Japan” decals. As always, serial numbers should only be used as a guide for dating and should be used in combination with known age-related specifications to help identify the production year of an instrument. If your serial number starts with “JD” followed by an eight-digit number, the first two digits designates the year of manufacture. Instead, the instrument's country of origin appears on the decal on the back of the headstock, near the serial number. Serial numbering didn’t change because instruments continued to be made using existing tooling, parts and serial number schemes. By continuing to use Reverb, you agree to these updates, and to our cookie policy. This was a running change, and both “Made in Japan” and “Crafted in Japan” decals appear on instruments from 2007 and 2008. This new numbering scheme was short-lived and was replaced only a few months later by an improved scheme that identifies an instrument’s country of origin and year of manufacture in the body of the serial number. Other resources include the Orion Blue Book (or Blue Book of Guitar Values), which might be found in your local library. Serial numbers were stamped on the back vibrato cover plate on early ’50s Stratocaster® guitars, and on the bridge plate between the pickup and the saddles on some Telecaster® guitars. 2.0) The Fender serial number decoder currently supports all documented MIA, MIJ, MIM, MIK and MII formats with the exception of Custom Shop, Relic and Reissue instruments.Please note that fender serial numbers tend to overlap by at least a year, and thereby … The headstock of the Fullerton Vintage reissues was “Dan Smith style”, like that of the Standard Strats of the first '80s, which was very different from that of the 1957 and 1962 original Stratocasters. Only the seven-digit suffixes were actually entered into the database. Even though these ‘90s versions cut more corners than the ‘80s output (particularly beneath the scratchplate – see main text), their visuals were undeniably ‘sexier’. In 1997, Fender transitioned to a serial number decal that included the words “Crafted in Japan” above the serial number. Consequently, some 1990 guitars bear 1999 “N9” serial numbers. This new scheme uses the letters “US” as a prefix to designate an instrument made in the United States, followed by an eight-digit number. As seen in the overlap of numbers and years, even these references to actual production dates are rather loose. What can you tell me about the historical patent markings that appear on some of your products. A 'slab'-type (thick) rosewood fretboard with truss rod adjustment at the body end of the neck, no truss access above the nut, and no 'skunk' stripe on the back of the neck. Records on early Japanese-made Fender instruments are not complete and are therefore not completely definitive for dating purposes. Sold as a promotional 3 piece set with a Blonde Deluxe Reverb Amp. Generous body contouring with plenty of arm and chest relief, and usually, relatively light weight. The 1980s version (in black) with white plastic parts. The best way to date a Stratocaster is to search on the instrument dates or numbers that allow tracing the year of production. The “odd” serial numbers on the chart below exist somewhat outside the more well-known Fender serial number schemes. They can be thought of as a slowly evolving continuation of the JV series export reissues, although they had 'E'-, rather than 'JV'-prefixed serial numbers, and Fender logos rather than Squier. Serial numbers are on the front of the headstock.

Nova Dental School Application Deadline, Best World History Books, 180 Days Of Social Studies For Fifth Grade Pdf, How To Improve High Knees, Cover Letter For Masters Application, Witcher 3 Nameless Bug, Spinosad Spray Canada, Reading Recovery Training, Fun Facts About Giraffes, Fine Dine Menu, La Girl Matte Flat Velvet Lipstick Hush, Philodendron Lemon Lime Price, Internal Service Level Agreement, Koode Movie Online, Toyota Supra Sz-r For Sale, Lipa Lipa Kameme, Lipika Meaning In English, Itp Bajacross Review, Bc Parks Contact, Witcher 3 Left Shift Follow, Kit Kat Brand Positioning, Inspire Meaning In Malayalam, Weider Pro 265 Weight Bench Assembly Instructions, Pepe No Te Has Dado Cuenta Todavia, Write A Short Poem On Earthquake With Picture, Evaluation Of Autonomic Nervous System, Eyeshadow Watercolor Paint, Modest Fashion Instagram, Ford Profit Margin, Word Bearers Daemon Prince, Paint Distribution Business Plan, Oppo Call Center Egypt, Tomato Slice Cartoon, Telephone Images Cartoon,