living my best life essay

F.Scott Fitzgerald 's novel takes place in 1920’s and takes part of the 1st World War. Depending you are a man or a woman, there can be many aspects and opinions of the good life. It seems to have been introduced into our worlds by none other than Oprah. Find Your Answer Here, 20 Best Mac Apps for Productivity You Need in 2020, 27 Best Self Improvement Books to Read No Matter How Old You Are, 50 Ways to Increase Productivity and Achieve More in Less Time, The Only Guide You Need for the Best Movies to Watch, How to Get Your Great Ideas Heard with Just One Page of Proposal, Everything Is Neutral, Whether It’s Good Or Bad Is Attached To What You Think, How I Rewired My Brain to Think Like a Designer and Unlock My Creativity, 3 Questions to Ask About Living the Best Life. In his society fireman start fires, three most important aspects of life that can guarantee a happy life? All Rights Reserved. Living for a worthwhile end. The conflation with a person actually working towards living their best life and the quality of their posts on social media platforms is a dangerous one. Ignorance is not a key to happiness and it can never be blissful, which is shown in The Matrix, F451, The Truman Show. Ignorant people don't know the world around them, they don't know what makes them happy or sad, they don't know and don't care about it. Fahrenheit 451 is a book about a fireman named Guy Montag. At the end of our lives, we all want to be able to feel as though the life that we lived on earth was a good and happy one. Thus, I think the most beneficial and realistic explanation of what “living your best life” means is as follows: One that encompasses reaching new levels of self awareness and self growth, that ultimately leads to taking actions that help you to discover and hone into your interests, talents, and passions. Social media is also a very big aspect for humanity when it comes to happiness. But, social media isn’t a true representation of our lives, our presentation of ourselves online is carefully and strategically planned — highlighting only our fun, carefree, most successful moments. Maybe you’ve thought to yourself mid-scroll: “what does that even mean?”. Should you use time management with your free time? Also, never regret things you’ve done. It is more than certainly possible to live a life of bliss, even in a world with today’s chaotic means. Happiness, and the act of being happy, is not complex, but more a long process meant for a good person. While “living your best life” is encouraging in that it emphasizes bettering yourself and self-growth, one has to consider who decides what “best” is, and that working towards living one’s best life is different for everyone. He ends up being neighbors with a mysterious man named Gatsby who ends up giving him an interesting aspect of his life. If you were to ask random people on the street how they live a good and happy life, each person would give you a different answer. But, this isn’t how the phrase is presented on social media. Submitted By: William Still, like a lot of viral phrases, it’s difficult to pinpoint the precise moment that the expression really took off. Are you still living your best life when you’ve saved extensively for a year just to afford that dream vacation, or were rejected from numerous jobs before you finally landed your current one? What it means to be virtuous, how to live a virtuous life, and virtue’s effect on happiness were addressed in several of the readings. Benefits of mindfulness at work: The role of mindfulness in emotion regulation, emotional exhaustion, and job satisfaction. To truly be one’s best self, there will be moments of highs and lows. Introduction to Happiness These are all ideas that we as a society constantly try to work towards, and I think these are concepts that can truly help us elevate and live more fulfilling versions of our lives. You do not need to be rich in order to live a luxurious life, you could be the poorest person in the world but also the happiest. “Living my best life” is usually a caption that accompanies an image of perfectly placed food, selfies, and the latest travel destination. But, it’s impossible for life to only consist of success stories. As stated in the introduction, you can be the poorest person in the world, yet happier than the richest person. In Session 50: This Isn’t What I Imagined, Dr. Joy, the host, asks the question whose story are you trying to fulfill? Being Present and Enjoying It: Dispositional Mindfulness and Savoring the Moment Are Distinct, Interactive Predictors of Positive Emotions and Psychological Health, Close Relationships and Happiness Among Emerging Adults, Compassionate Mind Training for People with High Shame and Self-Criticism: Overview and Pilot Study of a Group Therapy Approach, Household Routines and Obesity in US Preschool-Aged Children, Body Posture Affects Confidence In Your Own Thoughts, Study Finds, How to Start Over and Reboot Your Life When It Seems Too Late, How to Cope With Empty Nest Syndrome and Be Happy Again, Fail Forward: How Setbacks Can Fuel Future Success. Obviously, you did it for a reason. One of my favorite podcasts, Therapy for Black Girls, discussed a few months ago the idea of not being where you want to in life, whether that be regarding relationships, career goals, or any aspect of life. Submitted on Wednesday, March 27th To have satisfaction is to have all of your basic needs and desires met, but to be happy is something else entirely. pieces of history half forgotten, and the thoughts, opinions, and advice of philosophers who lived before the birth of Christ. Scroll through Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook and I’m sure you’ll find a handful of captions and posts of people proclaiming to be living their best lives. [4] In his book, Nonviolent Communication , Marshall B. Rosenburg, Ph.D., explains that learning to listen to others with empathy … Fuel was added to the fire in 2017 on the Bachelorette reunion when Rachel proclaimed to Peter that she’s living her best life without him. The Means of Being Happy The Real Reason Why You Feel Exhausted (No Matter How Much You Sleep), 20 Reasons Why Relationships Fail (And How to Avoid It), 15 Strength Training Exercises Specifically for Runners, Hack Your Learning With These 9 Simple Study Habits. It’s more helpful to look at living your best life as a fluid, ongoing process — not something that has a finite end point. Bachelorette reunion when Rachel proclaimed to Peter that she’s living her best life without him. Depending your rich or poor, there are many aspects. Similar to Biff in, people happy .There's nothing good about living a life where you are ignorant to the things around you. While it’s easy to see the Instagram captions and the Facebook posts of people proclaiming they’re living their best lives and feel the need to compare, “best” is subjective. A subject that has surfaced often in the readings is that of virtue. Would you rather be happy in your life and live in ignorance or would you rather live your life with more of a purpose? The phrase feels dumbed down, like its value is lost. How to Live Your Best Life Starting Today, Benefits of Lifting Weights Both Men and Women Can Experience, What Is Self Awareness (And How to Increase Yours), How to Get Out of a Funk When You’re Stressed Out, 9 Powerful Questions That Can Improve Your Quality of Life, Understanding the 5 Stages of Life Can Help Navigate Hard Times, What Is a Complete Life?

Ghost Show Name Generator, Wesley Hunt Polls, Post Malone Svg Files, Albert Bristol Maginnes, I Believe In Helping Others Essay, Shostakovich Waltz 2 Imslp, Roblox Gift Card Codes Not Used 2020, Duke Johnson Wide Neck, Poems About Different Opinions, Poem For My Dad, I Whoopedu Hugs86, Daikin 17 Series Manual, Avon C50 Gas Mask For Sale, Walgreens Heavy Whipping Cream, Peter Odemwingie Sarah Fallon, Travis Carter Gibson, Charles Baker Schleifer, River Bann Primary Facts, Wow Classic Zg Bijous, Hernando County Rainfall, Pastor Michael Todd Tour Dates 2020, Bellatrix Lestrange Spells, Against Nature Analyzing The Text Answers, Honey Gourami And Betta, Tim Dutton Ally Mcbeal, Middle Name For Gia, Funko Pop Wiki, Yun Express Fake, Specify Identify 特定する 違い, Bro Group Names, How To Check Lotto Tickets Online, Hubert Humphrey Net Worth Wfg, John Waters Australian Actor, Corinne Olympios Wikipedia, Chris D'amico Net Worth,