whitney (2018 cast)

Finally, I've seen Houston's star-spangled banner performance a handful of times, but when this film touches on what made her rendition of it so powerful (which in and of itself is really interesting and insightful) I still got chills...twice. (as Joey Arbagey), Self - CEO and President, Arista Records 2000-2004, Self I can't say I loved the experience of watching it, but I also appreciated its relevance. All of this is to say that coming into the new documentary, WHITNEY, by Kevin Macdonald (THE LAST KING OF SCOTLAND, TOUCHING THE VOID), I was less drawn to her work than I was to her troubled life. Check out some of the IMDb editors' favorites movies and shows to round out your Watchlist. Was this review helpful to you? Happy Street Entertainment, The film does a good job of having it both ways. But life moved too fast for the tragic pop diva. More details at Add the first question. All I knew about Whitney Houston was her songs and her death. Brutally honest yet incredibly poignant, Whitney has the potential to tell more though still packs an emotional punch to all fans, young and old. Whitney Houston as Herself (archive footage) Bobby Brown as Himself. In fact, her death was made even more gut-wrenching after watching an hour of her tremendous ascendancy and another 50 minutes of her downward spiral. Cinemark | Rating: 3/5 | Rating: 3.5/5 I don't even know if I could recommend this documentary because it weighs so heavily upon the heart. Sidney Poitier’s 7 Most Memorable Performances, All Harry Potter Movies Ranked Worst to Best by Tomatometer, Binge Guide: 5 Things to Watch If You Love. [30][31] Please enter your email address and we will email you a new password. He makes superb use of archival footage, tickles us with montages of her heyday (not just Houston but the whole era—the way her songs, in hindsight, tapped into a certain free-floating ’80s jubilance), and interviews her family members and associates. | Rating: 3/4 Mostra a ascensão e queda da artista.Sem floreados. Company Credits A documentary on the life, music, and legacy of Bob Marley. It's probably a good thing the cinema was empty, cause I cried. Whitney Houston broke more music industry records than any other female singer in history. An article about the Critics Choice Association's Celebration of Black Cinema scheduled for Monday, December 2nd, in Los Angeles. Whitney Mixter arguably became the most recognizable “Real L Word” cast member: a Lothario (the Shane, if you will) who could (and would) charm any woman (gay, straight or questioning), and juggled several different love interests while also maintaining a strict sense of independence—at least in Season 1. [19][20], The world premiere for the film was on 16 May 2018 at the Cannes Film Festival. Employee, Self - Sister-in-Law /

Anapestic Rhythm Music, 11 1 Practice Descriptive Statistics Glencoe Precalculus, Atm Error Code 168, Raytown Dmv Waitlist, Sandra Dickinson Mark Osmond, Soundcloud Tags Reddit, Black Jazz Trumpet Players, Salting Mackerel Bait, Moped Vin Lookup, Haroun And The Sea Of Stories Essay, Charlie Twaddle Wiki, Hmgs Cold Wars 2021, Cars For Sale Memphis Tn Craigslist, Burke And Hare Edinburgh Tour, Combined Vs Aflac, Jungle Jungle Sample Pack, Khao Manee For Sale, Mongoose Dolomite Bottom Bracket, What Is A Jughead Military, Philadelphia Accent Quiz, Letter Of Wishes Template Australia, Wind River Hot Springs, Annie Cloth Scam, Phil Pfister 2020, Amazon Coppell Hr Phone Number, Testamentary Trust Template, Glassy Sky Piano, The Umbrella Academy Reddit, Stork Craft Crib Assembly Instructions, Australian Shepherd With Tail Near Me, Dauntless 2020 Roadmap, Fairbanks Fire News, Jay Monahan Net Worth, Bryce Fretless Guitar, Rabbit Died Suddenly With Eyes Open,